What is the Smart $aver® Rebate Program?
The Smart $aver Rebate Program is available to Duke Energy residential customers in Ohio and can be used with new construction, as well as replacing existing systems. It promotes the use of high efficiency heating and cooling systems to help lower energy costs and make your home more comfortable. Corcoran & Harnist is proud to be an authorized Smart $aver Dealer.
Smart $aver Benefits
- Save money on energy bills for years to come when you install a high efficiency heat pump or air conditioner.
- Experience greater comfort in your home.
- Help to reduce our nation’s electric demand, decrease pollution and save valuable energy resources.
- Receive rebates for your new high efficiency heating and/or cooling system.
Efficiency of new HVAC System installed in your Existing Home
|Existing Home Rebates||New Home Rebates|
Heat Pumps: must be 14 SEER or greater and include an ECM fan motor
Air Conditioners: must be 14 SEER or greater and include an ECM fan motor
Geothermal Heat Pumps: must be 10.5 EER or greater and include an ECM fan motor
How the Program Works
- The Smart $aver Program is available to Duke Energy residential customers in Ohio. Other states served by Duke Energy may have similar program offerings.
- When a participating heating dealer or builder installs a new qualifying high efficiency system(s) in your home, the dealer or builder will submit an application for your rebate.
- Qualifying systems must be installed on or after July 16, 2007 and all applications must be submitted within 90 days of installation to be eligible for the incentive.
- For new homes, rebates are paid to the builder unless the builder agrees that the customer will receive the rebate. Other requirements apply.
- Customer must receive their natural gas service from Duke Energy Ohio to be eligible for the gas furnace incentives.
- Read the eligibility requirements and FAQs to learn more. A Smart $aver Brochure (pdf, 378 KB) is also available.
Please call 1-866-785-6209 if you have additional questions. Duke Energy reserves the right to change the Smart $aver program requirements and incentives at any time.