To get ready for your meeting with a heating and cooling systems dealer, here are few questions you may want to ask yourself. That way, you’ll make the most of your meeting and get the dealer’s best, custom recommendations for your home.
- What products does your existing system already have? An air conditioner? Heat pump? Gas furnace?
- How important is air quality to you? Do you have any special needs, such as asthma, allergies, etc?
- Are you interested in investing more money in your equipment to save money in long-term energy costs?
- Have you kept warm enough in the winter lately? Have you been cool enough during summer?
- Are you concerned about the environment?
- How long do I intend to keep my system?
Don’t be afraid to ask your dealer any questions you may have about your system or heating and cooling in general. Here are few questions you may want to ask the dealer:
- Which is the best 21 SEER heat pump or air conditioner on the market?
- How closely can I manage my home comfort if I have an Infinity® Control?
- Which of the heating and cooling products you sell use Puron® Refrigerant?
- Which products have easy-to-clean filters?
- Which of the heating and cooling manufacturers you represent have been around the longest?
Finally, remember to ask your dealer about themselves. Ask questions like:
- How long has your company been in business?
- How quickly can you typically respond in an emergency situation?
- What are your typical business hours?
- Do you have proof of insurance?
- Do you have any special service or maintenance plans?
- What are your billing and payment methods and terms?
- Do you have client references I could contact?